Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher, Reading Specialist - Middle School
at Queen Creek Unified School District
This position is for the 2019-2020 school year.
Provide support and assistance to teachers which includes, but is not limited to: professional development, coaching K-8 reading instruction, coordination and administration of district and state assessments and progress monitoring.
- Degree in Elementary Education and/or advanced degrees in reading; Arizona Elementary Teaching Certificate; Reading and SEI (Structured English Immersion) Endorsements required; current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Five (5) years of successful teaching experience preferred.
- Experience working with children having difficulty learning to read and evidence of improved reading achievement through intervention.
- Knowledge and understanding of scientifically-based research in reading.
- Experience with diverse learners.
- Experience and skill in teamwork, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in administering DIBELS preferred.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Use data from standardized test, classroom grades, and curriculum based measures to identify at-risk students in Reading in grades K-8
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the AZ/Common Core English Language Arts curriculum standards.
- Provide instruction in reading to small groups of at-risk students as directed by the principal.
- Work closely with K-8 teachers to coordinate efforts of the intervention program with the regular classroom to promote student success.
- Remain current on research and trends in the education of ELL students.
- Work closely with classroom teachers to implement effective reading and writing instruction.
- Serve on the District Reading Committee.
- Assess students frequently, examine student assessment data and refine intervention activities to address individual student needs.
- Provide assistance and information to site principal to improve reading achievement.
- Assist in the development of effective reading intervention plans and in the implementation of the District Adopted Reading Program.
- Maintain required data on individual student progress and disseminate data to principal, teachers, and parents.
- Compile reports as needed and communicate strengths and needs to site and district-level personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10- Month Certified Calendar
COMPENSATION: Per District Certified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Per District Policy
HOURS: 40 hours per week and may require longer hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, April 5, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)