Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinic Nurse Manager
at Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
Definition: Under general supervision from the Clinic Administrator in the Salt River Clinic, provides management of clinic nursing services to SRPMIC Community Members with the goals of promoting and restoring health, preventing disease and disability as well as improving the quality of life. This job class is treated as FLSA Exempt.
Examples of Tasks:
Essential Functions: Essential functions may vary among positions and may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions in this classification.
1. Workflow, supervision and management: Oversees Salt River Clinic nursing staff.
- Provides full technical and administrative supervision of clinic nursing staff.
- Prepares shift schedules, and coordinates time off for clinic nursing staff.
- Approves time
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Outlines goals and objectives for evaluation, evaluates performance of clinic nursing staff and conducts timely performance evaluations.
- Provides training and leadership for the clinic nurses to accomplish the community's health goals and standards of care for the clinic including care/treatment plan documentation, licensure requirements, etc.
- Ensures safe and clean working environment by coordinating with nursing staff following procedures and when necessary.
2. Departmental Management: Maintains clinic direction with community objectives on standards of care and operations
- Evaluates processes and procedures within scope of clinic nursing function for quality standards of care, recommends changes to meet the organizational goals of the clinic.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Operates within the departmental budget for operations (personnel and supplies).
- Provides input for the annual budget process to support budget expenditures for nursing services.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient records.
3. Patient Interaction: Assist with clinic nursing duties, including obtaining health histories and performing physical assessments.
- Initiates preventative health measures within the scope of practice for a professional Registered Nurse (RN).
- Evaluates and carries out medical providers' orders.
- Initiates appropriate interventions according to health care priorities identified in assessments.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures and standing orders.
- Coordinates programs, services and other activities to implement targeted health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
4. Patient Documentation, Care & Treatment Plans: Documents patient charts which includes subjective and objective data, treatment provided, evaluation of treatment effectiveness and patient education.
- Develops and documents nursing care plans and interdisciplinary treatment plans.
- Establishes and maintains documentation and communication flow at each program site.
- Appraises quality and effectiveness of documentation and education materials and equipment as needed.
- Recommends changes when necessary and follows through to ensure that agreed upon changes are implemented and maintained.?
5. Case Management: Participates in case management meetings with all programs servicing assigned clients.
- Works with families, Community programs and medical personnel to arrange for additional services including convalescent and rehabilitative care as well as medical specialty services.
- Participates as a member of multi-disciplinary consultation and review teams including case assignments.
- Attends staff meetings as requested.
6. Medication Monitoring: Monitors efficacy of medication, side effects and drug interactions.
- Provides medication education to clients.
- Sets up and monitors medication administration.
7. Coordination of Care: Oversees care coordination for individuals and families including coordination of all health-related appointments.
- Provides referrals for clients with social and emotional problems or any other needs, beyond the scope of the RN, to other community agencies and services for assistance, as needed.
- Oversees all client transitions to other facilities, programs or homes.
8. Data Collection/Analysis: Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health status of the population and community served.
- Maintains and analyzes program data to make suggestions for program enhancements.
- Prepares and submits required reports as necessary.
9. Health Education/Facilitation: Leads, teaches and facilitates health education and health skills training opportunities for the Community and employees of the Community, including CPR, diabetes education, and bloodborne pathogens.
- Collaborates with representatives of the Community, service organizations and HHS professionals in providing for, and promoting, the health of the population.
- Actively reaches out to all who might benefit from an intervention or service.
- Identifies and investigates health risks to the Community by working with other health professionals as assigned.
10. Updates professional knowledge and proficiency in nursing through continuing education, staff meetings, training ?and conferences, etc.
11. Performs other job-related duties as assigned to maintain and enhance departmental operation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of the history, customs, culture, traditions and government of the Salt River Pima- Maricopa Indian Community.
- Knowledge of medical, public health and social service resources available to Community members including, but not limited to, Indian Health Service (HIS), Medicare, Medicaid, ALTCS, SSI, etc.
- Knowledge of assessment, diagnostic, preventative and therapeutic procedures used in a community health program.
- Knowledge of federal, state and SRPMIC laws and regulations governing professional nursing practices.
- Knowledge of theory, principles and scope of practice for a professional Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of theory and practices of management in nursing services.
- Knowledge of counseling theory and techniques as well as learning principles and strategies.
- Knowledge of health systems and disease processes.
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of public health practices and concerns.
- Skill observing, assessing and documenting the behavior and progress of patients.
- Skill assessing client needs and developing care plans.
- Skill applying professional Nursing methods and techniques as well as emergency medical procedures including First Aid and Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Skill with verbal and written communication and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, clients, families, community groups and health professionals.
- Skill managing various employee types in stressful situations
- Skill with program planning, operational processes, and creating department budgets
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with colleagues, subordinates, supervisors, health care professionals, Tribal officials, representatives or resource agencies, patients and Community members.
- Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain appropriate, professional and confidential relationships.
- Ability to incorporate cultural differences, health beliefs and learning styles.
- Ability to develop and implement program protocols as well as identify and address programmatic problems.
- Ability to use a personal computer and related software, including MS Office along with a variety of standard office equipment including cellular phones, photocopiers, FAX machines and calculators.
- Ability to bend, lift, and move in a manner consistent with the duties assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, Master's degree preferred, AND Registered Nurse Certification from an accredited School of Nursing are required
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona required.
Experience: five (5) years professional Nursing experience required
- At least two (2) years' experience Nursing Supervisor/Charge Nurse preferred.
- Experience working with Native Americans strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of infection control, immunizations, wound care, diabetes education and chronic disease management preferred.
Equivalency: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered when filling the position except for the possession of a license to be a Registered Nurse in Arizona.
Insurability: Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona Driver's License and meet the SRPMIC insurance standards.
Special Requirements: May be required to work beyond normal work hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Employees in, and applicants applying for, jobs providing direct services to children are subject to the "Community Code of Ordinances", Chapter 11, "Minors", Article X. "Investigation of Persons Working With Children".
Prior to hire as an employee, applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing. Will be required to pass a pre-employment background/fingerprint check. Employees are subject to random and alcohol testing. "SRPMIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer" Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate
Application instructions: To apply or view full job description go to www.srpmic-nsn.gov/employment *Resumes alone will not be accepted. This position is open until 05/13/2019
To apply for this position or to view the full job description, please visit our website at http://www.srpmic-nsn.gov/employment/ then select Employment Opportunities. Open until 05/13/2019