Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Media Specialist
at Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
Definition: Under general supervision of the Community Relations Director, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining content development for the SRPMIC Social Media platforms through strategic research, planning, and monitoring to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and promote the distribution of relevant information to Community members and the general public. Maintains functional and appealing interactive applications for new digital technologies and visual design. Writes concise, engaging marketing, and scripts for digital and traditional media and analytics for tracking and reporting. This job class is treated as FLSA Non-Exempt.
Examples of Tasks:
Essential Functions: Essential functions may vary among positions and may include the following tasks and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be comprehensive list of tasks performed by all positions in this classification.
1. Social Media
- Provides administrative oversight, research, verification, reporting/interviewing, content writing for social media profile/website.
- Collects data through analytics and statistics on social media platforms for reporting.
- Develop, manage and oversee social media content, digital photography, graphics and texts.
- Plans, schedules, monitors and maintains the social media platforms.
- Monitor trends in social media best practices, tools, applications, creative management and technologies.
- Use of social media marketing tools.
- Builds audiences through social media for business use and communication strategies.
- Promote community engagement and brand awareness.
- Review and approve content on a daily basis
- Research opportunities for new social marketing platforms.
- Develop and deliver social media optimization (SMO).
- Writes high quality content including captions, creative messaging, interactive messaging and short stories following social media standards.
- Researches content for accuracy and relevance.
- Develop photo story boards and galleries.
- Develop and design graphics for message postings.
- Edits and formats graphic modifications and response to postings when launched.
- Develop message content through digital video equipment and software.
- Write script, produce and edit video content messaging.
- Use of a drone and recording device with a gimbal for digital video and digital photography.
- Deliver real-time messaging and provides updates on social media on notices and announcements including emergency notifications, incidents, traffic, road closure, construction, Community events and activities.
2. Miscellaneous: Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Community Relations Director and/or designee.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of the history, culture, laws, customs and traditions of the SRPMIC.
- Knowledge of Design, Photography, Videography, Creativity and Positioning.
- Knowledge and proficient in social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, etc.) and the deployment of the applications.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro or other media editing software
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and other Microsoft software programs.
- Knowledge of PC or Mac OS proficiency required.
- Knowledge of the English language and rules of grammar.
- Knowledge of various writing styles such as Associated Press, APA, etc.
- Knowledge of public information/relations principles and practices.
- Knowledge of website advertising sales best practices.
- Knowledge of content marketing/online marketing strategies, trends, tools, and channels.
- Knowledge of interactive media, tools and technologies.
- Skill establishing effective working relationships with Community Members, Tribal Government departments and programs, Tribal Council, and the general public.
- Skill writing content for short stories, scripts, photo captions, headings, news stories, feature stories, scripts and other public relations information and materials.
- Skill with both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in project management and organization.
- Skill managing social media platforms, leveraging analytics tools and writing/editing content.
- Ability to cover and write spot news stories that develop on a daily basis.
- Ability to write and rephrase content deliverables.
- Ability to proofread accurately, edit clear and impactful copy.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all levels of the Tribal government, Community and outside entities.
- Ability to develop creative content.
- Ability to write accurate news copy under pressure and consistently meet normal deadline requirements.
- Ability to multi-task in a high demand work environment.
- Ability to work independently and remain self-motivated.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with digital file formats including .tiff, .gif, .jpeg, .eps, pdf, mp4 and mov.
- Ability to complete projects on deadline.
Skill / Requirements
- For enrolled Community members without a GED, must obtain a GED. Requires participation in the HR GED Program and successful completion of the Arizona state certified exam in order to continue employment with SRPMIC.
- An Associate's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a closely related field may substitute for 2 years work experience.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public relations, communications marketing, advertising or a closely related field is preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years' experience in social media marketing, public relations or news media work environment required.
- The following experience is required:
- Design, Photography, Videography, Creativity and Positioning
- Writing and grammar essential
- Previous use of social media management.
- Research, collecting date and reporting
- Adobe Photoshop Skills
- Digital photography
- Digital videography – use of a drone and video recording device with a gimbal
Equivalency: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered.
Insurability: Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona Driver's License and meet the SRPMIC insurance standards.
Special Requirements: Will be required to work outside normal business hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Some travel may be required.
Prior to hire as an employee, applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing. Will be required to pass a pre-employment background/fingerprint check. Employees are subject to random and alcohol testing. "SRPMIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer" Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate
Application instructions: To apply or view full job description go to www.srpmic-nsn.gov/employment *Resumes alone will not be accepted. This position is open until 04/26/2019
To apply for this position or to view the full job description, please visit our website at http://www.srpmic-nsn.gov/employment/ then select Employment Opportunities. Open until 04/26/2019