Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer – Integration
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- M-F, 8-5
Food Services of America, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest broadline food distributors, providing a full spectrum of food and supplies to our customers throughout the western and mid-western states. Our customers include independent and chain restaurants, schools, hospitals, hotels, and government foodservice operations.
The Software Developer is part of the Internal Solutions team. This team is responsible for the software development lifecycle for our portfolio of custom developed business solutions. This includes synchronizing internal and external data as well as integrating platforms and systems. The Internal Solutions team works closely with other development teams within FSA to align processes and best practices and ensure our technology solutions are simple, secure, reliable, scalable and flexible. Our IT Associates are sought after for their commitment and expertise; they constantly strive to understand the value of everything they do with the ultimate goal of delighting their customers.
When you join the family of Associates at Food Services of America, you are joining a team which puts the emphasis on you – the employee – our most valuable resource. Food Services of America is a great company to work for with full benefits and a supportive atmosphere that rewards initiative and integrity. That's why our Associates love it here!
7+ years experience developing with SQL
5+ years experience developing with an object oriented language, C# preferred
5+ years experience integrating core business systems
Core Job Skills
The following is a list of Core Job Skills that prospective Software Developers should possess.
- Write queries for front-end applications
- Data access via Entity Framework Core 2.x
- T-SQL/Stored procs, Views, Indexes, Functions
- Review query performance and optimize code
- Create automated deployment packages and use source control
- Designing integration solutions at application and enterprise levels
- Creating and using WebAPI / RESTful Services
- Creating SQL Services Integration Services (SSIS) packages and other ETL skills
- Ability to develop using C#
- Strong undersanding of Agile Methodology and SCRUM Framework
- Ability to work with other data developers, front end developers, DBAs, or front line support in order to solve problems and create the optimal solution
Core Tools Used
- Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services) including Build and Release
- SQL Server 2008 - 2017
- SSIS Packages
- .Net Core 2.1
Additional Tools/Technical Skills
- C# Lambda Expressions / LINQ / Generics
- SolarWinds DPA for analyzing query performance
- Redgate for automated deployments
- Angular or ASP.NET knowledge or direct development skills a plus
- Knowledge of MySQL, SQLite, NoSQL, Oracle a plus
People Successful in this Position
- can be in an ‘on call’ rotation
- can work off hours, when needed (e.g. for deployments)
- communicate consistently and effectively
- like variety and learning new things
- like problem solving
- actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- like sharing their knowledge
- like helping others
- willing to review your strengths and opportunities as they relate to your competencies, and work with your Manager to choose an area of developmental focus on an annual basis
- We work in a “Virtual Office” environment where many of the team is remote.
- Even though we are in Virtual Offices we collaborate frequently using tools like Skype for Business for Webcam and VoIP.
- Bring a sense of humor - We are a close knit team and joking with each other is encouraged.
Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.