Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BI Solution Architect
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The BI Solution Architect is responsible for guiding the development of the analytics platform and driving a data modernization initiative aimed at providing transformational analytics products and advanced reporting tools that will reinvent the organization's data & analytics landscape. As a vital leader of the Enterprise Data & Analytics team, you will play a key role selecting a cloud provider and technology stack and work to transform overall data management and analytics by designing and implementing the overall data architecture, pipelines, storage, integration and data modeling strategies. Your expertise will help create an innovative Business Intelligence platform that ensures enterprise data solutions are scalable, accessible, flexible and most importantly enpower associates at all levels of the organization to become data-driven.
- Provide the strategic and technical leadership to establish an innovative modern data platform able to ingest, store, prep & train, model and serve all the organization's critical data assets
- Actively mentor data engineers and analysts, promote data literacy throughout the organization and seek out opportunities where data can positively influence business outcomes
- Work closely with teammates, business users and cross-functional IT partners to lead in the identification, planning, prioritizing, design, development, implementation and continuous evolution of all Data Warehousing and BI initiatives
- Provide expert thought leadership in the development and implementation of data governance policies and processes
- Partner with stakeholders to accelerate the organization’s overall data capabilities and provide the means for increasingly sophisticated uses of data across the company
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics or another quantitative discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of technical experience as a Data/BI Engineer or related in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or a related field
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and modern data warehousing principles
- Data analysis proficiency and experience managing data tools, creating and maintaining data models and solving complex business problems by manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Advanced SQL development experience using SQL Server, Redshift, BigQuery, Azure DW or similar engines
- Ability to develop partnerships across different functional teams with a desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be sometimes include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects using Azure, AWS, GCP or other big data technologies
- Strong programming skills using advanced statistical tools (R, Python, SAS, etc.) with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes, conduct statistical data analysis, and build predictive models.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and process-driven, with an orientation toward continuous process improvement
- Proven ability to drive each project to completion with minimal guidance while effectively managing multiple projects at a time.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.