Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Controls Engineer
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Manufacturing Controls Engineer – Dairy is responsible for the programming, maintenance, and development of all automation and controls systems including PLCs and P&ID's in a 24/7 dairy bottling facility, automation of equipment and providing engineering enhancements. (S)he will also participate in the maintenance and operation of the plant.
- Lead process improvements projects and design including:
- Assess weaknesses in milk processing or packaging processes
- Determine various options to improve the process
- Provide economic analysis/assessment of current and future process concepts and recommend improvements
- Communicate frequently with key stakeholders to meet project goals and deadlines
- Train technicians and other members of project teams on equipment use, data collection, and data analysis
- Collaborate with operation partners to ensure effective technical transfer from improvement plan to production environments, including documentation of new/updated key process indicators (KPIs)
- Analyze opportunities as well as guide and plan actions around process improvement ideas
- Foster collaborative and organizational learning
- Provide process engineering support for manufacturing operations
- Conduct monthly project reviews
- Review management and growth of project pipeline, demonstrating the ability to move projects through the development stages and ultimately to completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years' applicable experience in industrial process automation (dairy experience a plus), experience with high speed packaging equipment desired.
- Technical knowledge and experience using Allen Bradley PLC is required.
- Practical hands-on expertise with food and beverage processing and packaging equipment.
- Experience in process development and design
- Stem-to-stern project experience (e.g. process development, process scale-up, P&ID development, punch lists, commissioning, start-up, operations)
- Demonstrated agility to navigate through sometimes ambiguous, entrepreneurial, and somewhat unstructured environments. Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.