Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the coordination and negotiation of the key commodity items they are responsible to procure but not limited to Fresh Red Meat, Pork, Poultry, Veal, and Lamb.The Senior Buyer supports activities involving purchasing, vendor payment and communicating market conditions. This position requires an individual capable of multitasking and project prioritizing. This position requires highly detailed and precise execution.
- Meet established goals for Order Fill through animal protein procurement
- Manage aged inventory and slow moving items in a highly perishable environment
- Maximize profitability by rationalizing sku count to eliminate waste and shrink
- Manage cost of goods through vendor management, opportunity buys, forward buys, commodity purchases, and cost of freight
- Aim to achieve defined Service Level Goals
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from college or university; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Animal protein experience with knowledge of yields and meat processing formulas
- Knowledge and experience with USDA market and other relative protein markets
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email)
- Relationship building experience with vendors, internal and external customers
- Preferred Manufacturing forecasting/ERP systems experience
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.