Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Behavioral Health Technician
AZ-Phoenix- The Link Permanent Supported Housing Program
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for self-motivated Community Behavioral Health Specialist/Behavioral Health Technician for our The Link: Integrated Home Support program! This program works in the community as a fully mobile team, flexible hours available as members of the team are available 24 hours per day. Position would include help with housing and neighborhood issues, working integrative case with community-based medical staff, support for vocational rehabilitation assistance in finding non-service based community support systems, and work performed from a "well-care" model that promotes resilience. Community Behavioral Health Specialist/BHT will work at client's home independently with less supervision and needs to reach out to the assigned caseload. All Community Behavioral Health Specialist/BHT are required to meet 62% - 65% productivity each month. This position will require flexible work hours such as overnight and weekends shift, also with on-call duties. The Community Behavioral Health Specialist/BHT must be able to drive a company vehicle to transport clients and also be willing to drive their own vehicle. Work schedule could be Monday through Friday, Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday.
As a Community Behavioral Health Specialist/BHT, you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention. Provide assessments and crisis intervention. Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner. Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so. Plans and organizes activities. May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on-call” as needed. Assist consumers with community integration.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, an Associate’s degree and two years of full-time behavioral health experience. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology plus one year of behavioral health experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling four years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire .
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
- Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking is strongly preferred.