Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
AZ-Mesa-Brookside Residential (R)
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team overseeing our East Valley Programs in Mesa and Chandler. This position is Full-Time working Monday through Friday.
As the Program Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for the coordination and development of both programing and staff to support the needs our consumers diagnosed with mental illness and possible co-occurring substance abuse issues. This position manages day to day program operations, maintains facility at maximum capacity, and ensures fulfillment of contract requirements. Priority is also placed on creating and contributing to our company-wide recovery based approach to treatment for our consumers. Services include community integration, pre-vocational training and a variety of additional services designed to meet the individual needs of each consumer. Services involve both individual and group delivery methods with an emphasis on computer based documentation of treatment goals for each consumer and ongoing progress notes maintained by staff. The Program Coordinator will hire, train and develop staff, review and evaluate treatment plan content and timeliness of documentation, and intervene in crisis situations as needed to ensure the safety and well-being of both our consumers and staff. This position will also work to develop relationships with community resources and expand opportunities to coordinate services for consumers successfully transitioning from the program.
- Provides, plans, and supervises direct care services for seriously mentally ill adults, with Co-Occurring and Co-morbid Disorders in a residential or community setting.
- Responsible party to supervise staff and coordinate all related clinical and administrative program functions
- Develops written clinical and administrative program protocols for appropriate treatment based on individual needs and Recovery Based practices.
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement treatment or case plans, assessment criteria, programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Coordinates with case management, day treatment, vocational, psychiatric, or any other staff also working with the same consumers.
- Provides clinical assessment, diagnosis, psychotherapy, and treatment planning services to consumers both individually and in groups.
- Intervenes in crisis situations as needed and coordinates with the crisis team.
- Attends CCE and consults with supervisors and peers to improve service delivery
- Documents client service provided according to approved clinical standard rules, regulations, and procedures
- Conducts periodic audits of clinical records, services provided, and administrative processes
- Provides staff with regular and ongoing documentation of supervision
- Participates in regular staff meetings and in agency committees when assigned.
- Maintains and purchases program supplies, monitors program budget, calculates and collects program fees.
- Available to work days, evenings, and/or weekends, as the schedule requires.
- Required to carry company cell phone and be scheduled on-call on a rotational basis.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum requirement consist of 21-year age,
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years’ experience of related healthcare/behavioral health and management.
- Master’s degree in the behavioral health or related field (psychology, social work, education) and at least one year direct experience preferred.
- License in LCSW, LPC, LAC, LMSC or LISAC highly preferred.
- Proficient in basic use of a computer to include; Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- One year of supervisory experience along with demonstrated aptitude and ability to be a leader, manage conflicts, and set standards.