Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Fax/Medical Records Technician
at Steward Health Care System
Position Purpose: The Lead Fax/Medical Records Technician ensures that the Fax team creates UR shells in CareRadius from faxes received. Accesses and uploads medical records required for claims review and provides administrative support for all medical claims review nurses, manager, director, and Medical Director(s). Duties include: creating UR shells, sending requests via email, fax, or phone for records to be added to electronic queues or sent directly to the department. Collaboration with points of contact at facilities to obtain EMR access for staff and to facilitate provision of medical records.
- Ensures work is distributed among the fax team to ensure timely completion of activities
- Monitors and adjusts work schedules to ensure adequate coverage
- Monitors the fax teams productivity and works with management to ensure productivity standards are met by the fax team
- Create UR shells from information obtained from incoming faxes within 4 hours of receipt
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Complete UR letters/forms and fax/mail
- Compile medication information for medication reconciliation report/letter
- Upload medical records to auths in Care Radius
- Complete TOC letters/forms and fax/email
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
Years of Experience:
- At least one (1) year clerical or administrative support experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic understanding of the contents of a medical chart
- Medicare and Medicaid population, regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT codes