Tempe Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Volunteer or Parent Volunteer
at Tempe Union High School District
Openings as of 3/27/2020
- Volunteer or Parent Volunteer JobID: 279
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Tempe High School Volunteer/Parent Volunteer
- Apply Online: Complete and submit the online Volunteer application.
- Contact Site Administration: Contact the school where you applied to serve and let them know your application is complete.
- Electronic Request for Processing Sent by Campus: The school/department must complete an electronic form (a Volunteer PAR) requesting that we process you, and submit it to Human Resources. You will not be contacted for processing until we receive this information.
- Processing Appointment: Volunteers cannot be processed as "drop-ins." A Human Resources Specialist will contact you to set a processing appointment when all steps are completed. Processing includes being fingerprinted as a volunteer at no cost to you. If you have a DPS fingerprint clearance card, please notify HR when you are called for the appointment. This will expedite processing. You will need to bring a photo ID when you come to HR for your appointment to be processed.
- Fingerprints: Fingerprints are sent to the Arizona Department of Public Safety for processing. Processing takes anywhere from four to six weeks. Please note that you are not cleared to be on campus until your fingerprint report is returned by DPS!
- Work Permit: Upon receipt of a clean background report from DPS, a Work Permit is issued and sent electronically to campus or department administration. At that time, you are cleared to be on campus.
Provide Volunteer Services and support for TUHSD students in a variety of areas which include office support, chaperoning an activity or event, or volunteering to coach or sponsor one of many athletic or activity opportunities offered throughout the district.
Volunteers are required to complete all required processing prior to beginning service with students.
Volunteers serve under the direct supervision of a certified staff member at all times.
The supervising staff member will define the responsibilities of the volunteer.
Application and Selection Steps:
Please remember that your Work Permit is valid for one school year, from the date of approval through June 30. Your school/department must update your request to volunteer annually, but re-fingerprinting is not required.