Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Information Manager
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Health Information Manager in our Central Administrative office in Phoenix,AZ.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
This individual will be responsible for direct supervision of Health Information Management ensuring adequate staffing, effective operations and full departmental compliance with all company and regulatory mandates, policies & procedures. Supervises health information team and reports to the Director of Informatics.
- Provides direct supervision to the health information team, oversees health information management staff operations and monitors its effectiveness, reporting any deficiencies to the Director of Informatics and develops a team centered approach to create positive change with increased efficiency.
- Responsible for the structure of the health information department, including but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and termination of staff, staff orientation and training, and annual, or as needed, performance evaluations.
- Responsible for establishing health information management Staff performance standards.
- Assists and manages automatic Audit software for chart accuracy and participate collaboratively in a company-wide audit process.
- Ensures that the health information management department and staff are in full compliance with operating standards, policies & procedures as required. Draft, cosign and implement department and company polices and procedures as needed.
- Stays current with HIM standards and practices as determined by ISO and AHIMA. Implements Health Information Management processes and workflows that support current standards related to Health Information Management.
- Ensures that a high level of customer service is maintained treating clients, managers, staff and co-workers with dignity and respect. Provides information, direction, and assistance with a positive attitude.
- Plans, hosts and participates in regular Health Information Management meetings, THLT and Management Meetings as required.
- Ensures regulatory compliance by ensuring standards are met and Health Information Management policies are kept current as well as the workflows to implement those policies.
- Provides, participates in and oversees on-going training throughout the department and agency as related to HIM best practices & standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- AHIMA certification, RHIA or RHIT strongly preferred
- Experience in health information management department setting preferred
- Must be proficient in computer skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook; Adobe Pro; Electronic Health Record (EHR), NextGen preferred
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience, and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 20 working days of assuming role
- Must pass a TB Test
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.