Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead RN/ ACT Team Registered Nurse (ACT RN) - Tempe, AZ - Priest Drive Recovery Center (Loop 202/ Priest)
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- ACT Team
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a LEAD RN / ACT Team RN. You will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
Terros Health is hiring an Arizona Licensed Registered Nurse to join one of our ACT Teams in Tempe, AZ and be the Lead RN at the site.
Position is located near Loop 202/ Priest Dr.
Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday, 4 - 10's
Offering an EXCELLENT SALARY plus ACT Differential Pay
Full Benefits Package including 401K
GENEROUS PTO/Sick policy (4+ weeks in Year 1)
The Lead RN/ ACT RN provides direct clinical services to an individual, group and/or family members in community based settings. Community visits include but are not limited to homes, jails, hospitals, etc.
- Coaches members and families on behavioral and physical health conditions, self-management techniques.
- Promotes treatment adherence and personal wellness within a recovery framework.
- Coordinates member care within the clinical team and with external parties including the member’s primary care physician at a minimum of monthly and ensures current medical mediations are documented in the Medication module.
- Attends Primary Care and Specialty appointments with the client.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and takes initiative and demonstrates the ability to work independently within the scope of practice.
- Performs health evaluations (HRA), takes vitals, draws blood for lab tests ordered, assists with medication monitoring, administration of intramuscular medications and coordinates care with other providers in support of the integrated health model.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision to all site nursing and MA staff including contracted staff.
- Responsible for the oversight and monitoring of medication delivery, observation and administration for the ACT Team clients. Keeps a log of all patients receiving medication to ensure that each patient is receiving medication as ordered.
- Actively participates as part of the member’s clinical team.
- Takes full responsibility for the integrated treatment services for members coordinates care with ACT team members and other providers to ensure member’s needs are met and the member continues to receive treatment in the community to the greatest extent possible.
- Works with informal support system with or without the member present to provide clinical skills training to increase informal supports, family, landlords, employer etc.)
- Has a thorough understanding of ACT fidelity measures and maintains compliance
- Utilizes assertive engagement mechanisms, including street outreach and legal mechanisms (probation/parole, court ordered treatment), when necessary, to re-engage the member in prescribed treatment.
- Routinely assesses member’s need for ACT services, using explicit criteria to determine need to transfer to less intensive services. Gradually and individually transitions eligible members and ensure continuity of care. Monitors member’s status during transition and reintroduces services as needed to ensure member’s stability in the community.
- Is responsible for crisis services for assigned members, coordinating hospital admissions and discharge planning.
If interested, please apply online at www.terroshealth.org.
EDUCATION: AA, BS or MA in nursing
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Registered nurse with the Arizona State Board of Nursing. One (1) year prior experience in psychiatric setting and/or working with members receiving behavioral health services; experiencing working within psychiatric crisis and/or with members with serious mental illness preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, members, families, and other community members. Good communication skills, evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening and positive interactions. Strong understanding of substance use, addiction and recovery principles. Knowledge of chronic conditions experienced by those with serious mental illness preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, electronic medical record, NextGen preferred
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Arizona Driver’s License, Registered Nurse.