Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a Learning Specialist. The successful individual will be highly organized and strive for excellence in all areas of their job.
Terros is a fully integrated healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
Responsible for facilitation of learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching and creation of e-learnings. Responsible for partnering with subject matter experts to identify training needs and design content. Responsible for the development of training aids such as handbooks and guides. Responsible for applying assessment tools to measure effectiveness of training. This position will be reporting to the Learning and Development Manager.
- Delivers classroom instruction for new hire and existing staff based on regulatory and licensure training requirements, as well as any department-specific evidence-based practice training standards, if applicable.
- Identifies and monitors staff training needs on a regular basis and makes recommendations for improvement.
Provides all new clinical and medical staff with clinical orientation regarding electronic health record (EHR) and documentation systems. Monitors and reviews staff documentation to ensure documentation standards are met.
- Develops training plans to resolve deficiencies in areas where improvement is needed.
In collaboration with leadership, identifies and provides specific coaching and training to individual clinicians and/or clinical teams on an as-needed basis.
- Reviews and manages the Learning Management System to ensure that all staff are assigned or enrolled in required trainings and that staff are completing them within required time-frames, so that managers may follow up on training completion with staff.
- Participates in creation of training materials and documentation for continuing education credits.
Assists in the development and ongoing review of site and agency curricula and content to meet clinical objectives.
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
- Master’s degree in behavioral health or related field preferred with 3 to 5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge of training and learning concepts
- Experience with development and implementation of training plans and policies and procedures
- Experience training in the use of EHRs, including NextGen
- Experience monitoring contract and organizational compliance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience, and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role
- Must pass a TB Test.