Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer and Family Support Specialist - Tempe Recovery Center
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Recovery Clinics
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Peer and Family Support Specialist in our Tempe Recovery Center. Peer team members will utilize their previous personal experience to promote and model a recovery environment to benefit our clients in improving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle as they work toward their recovery goals. The individual will need to be professional, friendly, compassionate and have passion to inspire others.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
As a Peer and Family Support Specialist, you will participate as a member of the clinical team to mentor and provide recovery-based coaching for SMI clients related to their health and wellness goals. You will also assist in developing plans and tools to create and maintain healthy living. This role provides focus on members pursing goals through direct 1:1 and group coaching on health and wellness topics such as tobacco cessation, healthy diet and nutrition, health management, and supporting healthy interpersonal relationships.
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year behavioral health experience
- Professional experience in nutrition, fitness and/or physical health preferred
- Peer Employment Training and Arizona State Peer Certification
- Self-Identify as a Behavioral Health recipient in recovery for at least 1 – 3 years and/or first-hand experience with family members with serious mental illness and/or chronic disease
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card (Level 1) or apply for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card within 7 working days of employment
- Must understand and utilize a recovery approach and philosophy
- Exemplify great customer service and motivational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening and positive interactions
- Must be able to work on a computer and tablet in Microsoft Office, with electronic medical records and in NextGen
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.