The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON - PHOENIX WEST
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position performs administrative and clerical duties to assist and relieve line staff and Facility Administrator of clerical details. Assignments involve work of a confidential nature and require a general knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in staff meeting, records the minutes, type them, and distribute to appropriate persons.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records and confidential information.
- Maintains calendars and schedules appointments as needed.
- Maintains/updates records of the facility fixed assets.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding residents, employees, vendors, outside agencies, etc., so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Performs human resources type duties to include clerical duties related to employee performance, status, personal changes, and similar ancillary duties. Assist in the recruiting process to include scheduling interviews, preparing and screening pre-employment documents, conducting new employee orientation. Perform periodic audits. May be required to obtain a notary commission. Will operate under the direction of the facility Human Resources staff for these duties.
- May monitor inventory levels of supplies office; initiates purchase orders as necessary
- Maintains/updates volunteer files.
- Submits clearance requests to client (contractors, vendors, volunteer, employees). Combine list of approved/non-approved lists.
- May carry out special projects and assignments as requested; compiles, analyzes and
- Prepares data for administrative support and presentations.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Serves as primary back up for receptionist/front desk position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma (or equivalent).
- Two years experience working as an administrative assistant required. Appropriate accreditation and/or certification in related field may supplement work experience requirement.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Familiar with current office procedures. Knowledge of the fundamentals of office organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organization skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with co-workers.