The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FOOD SERVICE MONITOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON - PHOENIX WEST
Compensation Base: $12.10 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Works well as a team member, under the direction of the Food Services Manager. Responsible for preparation scheduling, and quality assurance of all foods and supplies. Monitors and maintains accurate production records. Individual must develop and practice leadership skills and the ability to supervise without intimidation. Responsible for inmate training programs, safety compliance, and monitoring equipment maintenance. Rate of Pay: $12.10 hourly - Overtime available
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the production/service documents for each meal. Copy next week's sheets: production/service record; service plan; tray assessment sheet; pre-preparation sheet; restricted diet invoice; daily sanitation record; and meal delivery records.
- Recipes are extended to the facility population requirements.
- Fills out the pre-preparation and inventory pull sheets before each meal.
- Carries out the orientation and training program for inmate workers.
- The sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department by all staff.
- With the direction of the Food Service Manager, good communication and human relation skills are demonstrated.
- Assists the manager in maintaining a high level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to demonstrate the use and understanding of the facility's recipes, policies, and procedures. Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.
- One-year prior experience in successfully managing and/or quantity food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting will be helpful. Prior correctional food service training will be helpful but not mandatory.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.