The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR-LICENSED
at The Geo Group
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON - FLORENCE WEST
Compensation Base: 18.50
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 0.00
Equal Opportunity Employer.
LSAT, LASAC, or LISAC REQUIRED
Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations and group counseling sessions with inmates.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history on incoming inmates as required.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum B.A. degree, preferably in human services or C.A.A.P. (Certified Associate Addiction Professional Licensure).
- LSAT, LASAC, or LISAC REQUIRED
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.