The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Clerk
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Review and process all invoices from vendors for payment, including ingestion into AP Workflow.
- Enter, review, and ensure all account coding is present and correct for payment.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Respond to vendor inquiries, research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Ensure receipts are included and review coding for all CARE and AP Workflow transactions submitted.
- When required, ensure appropriate Finance Council (CFC) approval is obtained and included.
- Submit AP Workflow and CARE items to appropriate approver for review, including multiple corps invoices from vendors such as True Sense.
- Coordinate with other AP Clerks to print check batches each Tuesday and Thursday.
- Provide check run report for electronic upload to bank.
- For Service Extension, create necessary journal entries to allow for monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide weekly check register via email to assigned unit(s).
- Provide backup to other finance staff during absence, vacations, or as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Possibility of cross training in Accounts Receivable clerk duties as needed or other duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by direct supervisor as they relate to the position of AP Clerk
- organizing and prioritizing
- attention to detail and accuracy
- team work
- ability to meet deadlines
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma is required with some college level accounting classes preferred.
- 1-3 years with accounts payable or general accounting experience, one (1) year of experience with computerized accounting system preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate skill level in Excel.
- Type 40 wpm and 10-key by touch.
- Self-starter who can work without supervision and use problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, frequently changing work environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional manner while interacting with officers, employees and vendors.
- Uses discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to work flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Must pass a background check.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.