The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Create staff and board meeting agendas and prepare meeting materials
- Take minutes at meetings assigned, prepare and distribute when completed
- Ensure efficient operation of office equipment & maintain service contracts also call for service when needed
- Order and purchase supplies when need as directed by supervisor & keep office supply inventory
- Collect receipts & process as needed
- Maintain records of offerings and missionary monies
- Responsible for collecting and processing all bills; securing authorization for payment
- Maintain volunteer files
- Prepare monthly reports as assigned
- Perform clerical duties such as answering or placing phone calls, communicating by email
- Manage mailing lists, email lists, and information on the shared drive
- Process all new hire on boarding requests to Human Resources
- Purchase supplies for programs as directed by supervisor
- Responsible for distribution of applications to seasonal workers, this includes making sure there’s enough copies of the application. Maintain a call back file, assist in interviewing applicants when directed
- Maintain Employee files
- Maintain Copy room supplies
- Responsible for counting and depositing weekly offering
- Assist supervisor with community events/meetings
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Computer literate in MS Office Applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be well organized and detail orientated
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to work with a variety of people
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.