The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
After School Program Coordinator
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Ensure the effective and full compliance of day to day operations and schedule of the the after school program
- Develop after school program responses to identified needs, and set goals with children
- Assess the impact of programs and services in relation to identified needs
- Pick up or make arrangements for After School staff to pick up children from various locations, making sure to arrive a minimum of 5 minutes prior to pick up times
- Develop a weekly schedule identifying daily activities from time of arrival to departure
- Provide a teamwork environment with all other staff and volunteers, setting an example for the children on team work
- Enforce and work with administration to make sure that all staff and volunteers are compliant company safety policies
- Oversee the maintenance of the after-school part of the facilities, materials, and equipment
- Assist and manage with summer break camp program
- Assist with driving kids to summer camp if needed
- Assist with seasonal campaigns
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelors’ degree or higher with two years related work experience and/or one year supervisory experience. Combination of training and experience will be considered
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a valid Arizona driver’s license and a clean MVR
- Bilingual Preferred
- The individual must show respect for other employees, associates, clients, and the goals and objectives of The Salvation Army
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Respect and concern for cultural diversity of families and individuals served
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/AED certification within 30 days of employment
- Be able to work under pressure and be a team player
- Must work well with youth and adults ages 5 and older
- Must be alert and mature
- Must be organized, self-motivated, assertive, dependable, and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, have flexibility, good people skills, and be cooperative
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.