The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coffee House Barista
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Ensure the cleanliness of the coffee machines and ovens.
- Clean the dishes.
- Insure that the food service area is cleaned and maintained on a daily basis at standards in full compliance with all health and sanitation requirements.
- Ensure bathrooms and dining area are cleaned and stocked daily.
- Complete all daily cleaning tasks as assigned including required documentation.
- Assists with the coffee preparation and serving to clients as needed
- Assists with obtaining supplies from the storerooms, coolers, or freezer for the day’s tasks.
- Assist with receipt of deliveries and maintenance of food service areas are organized and supervised.
- Assist with ensuring that coffee, food and equipment are secured from theft.
- Assist with ensuring that food and non-food items are appropriately received and stored
- All other duties as assigned as they relate to the responsibilities of the Coffee House Barista.
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- One year barista experience preferred.
- Able to work as a team member and well with others
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- A positive attitude and ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the mission of The Salvation Army
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a current Food Service/Sanitation Certificate
- Bi-Lingual a plus.
- Able to operate the equipment available while doing the required job function.
- Must be able to operate a cash register and follow all money handling policies set forth by supervisor.
- Must undergo & pass all training required by The Salvation Army in regards to Protecting the Mission.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.