The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Ensure that parents and youth alike view the Kroc Center as a safe area for youth and a place to turn in time of need.
- Serve as a positive role model for the youth of the community.
- Use appropriate communication and reporting methods for violations of incidents and participant (negative) behavior.
- Practice vigilant supervision at all times and ensure PTM standards are enforced at all times.
- Ensure guest safety: immediately rectify and/or report to the supervisor any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Verify membership status through POS system and adhere to proper check-in/check-out procedures.
- Maintain progressive knowledge of programs and facilities.
- Enforce all rules that pertain to the facility on a consistent and fair basis.
- Display integrity, enthusiasm and sound moral judgment.
- Relate joyfully and sensitively to youth of all ages within PTM standards.
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness in the areas you work and complete assigned closing and downtime tasks.
- Attend staff meetings as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Salvation Army Protecting the Mission guidelines.
- Maintains positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers and managers. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Report any noticed facility irregularities to MOD for completion of work order.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fitness Center Responsibilities:
- Maintain cleanliness of facility by cleaning equipment and training areas, vacuuming and sweeping.
- Offer regular weight room orientation/instructional sessions to the members at various times throughout the day to adequately respond to the novice lifter.
- Insure the safe use of the facility by enforcement of facility regulations and insuring that authorized patrons use the facility.
- Provide information and answer questions about available programs.
- Report all equipment and fitness area problems to the Fitness Coordinator, notify members and staff when machines are out of working order or in need of repair.
- Perform facility use counts and collect tickets for any group exercise programs.
Skill / Requirements
- Must possess valid Arizona driver’s license with clean MVR
- Previous experience/education in Fitness
- Strong desire and ability to work with parents and youth.
- Ability and confidence to assist in teaching a variety of activities.
- Possess customer services skills to include complaint resolution, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving and crisis situations.
- Must have the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with customers, clients, members and staff.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate and coordinate efforts with Kroc Center personnel, community leaders, community organizations and the general public.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Thrive in a team oriented environment and to be a team player.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality as needed.
- Complete all Protecting the Mission training.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.