The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor 1 - Dance
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Instruct with sound principles in the area of dance.
- Ability to teach beginners through advanced learners in the area of dance.
- Ability to speak and communicate before both small and large groups of people with poise and enthusiasm.
- Provide individual guidelines for development in the area of dance.
- Critique and give feedback to participants regarding their work and performance level.
- Ability to write class outlines.
- Create, teach, implement, and demonstrate planned practices and performances.
- Knowledge of safety precautions needed and ability to ensure compliance/adherence by all class members.
- Maintain a safe working environment; report all harmful problems with facilities to proper supervisors.
- Generate legible and accurate accident and incident reports as required and immediately notify appropriate personnel of all accidents or potential unsafe conditions.
- Display integrity, enthusiasm and sound moral judgment.
- Follow and adhere to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures including Protecting the Mission policy.
- Provide a safe, fun, and enjoyable learning environment for all participants.
- Maintain open communication with direct supervisor in regards to scheduling and coaching.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude with children, parents, customers, staff, and management.
- Be on time and prepared to teach your class.
- Help facilitate equality and fairness among all participants.
- Ensure that any classroom changes or modifications are communicated to supervisors and all classroom participants in an efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- At least 5 years of prior experience teaching or working in the area of instruction specified.
- Certification or degree in related field or level of expertise required.
- Where applicable, must have up to date personal insurance prior to employment.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to function effectively with minimal or no supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate various skills in the area of instruction specified.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in efficiently.
- Must be able to work and relate well with people.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of the specified area.
- Have a philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of The Salvation Army Kroc Center.
- Must maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem-solving.
- Must have the ability to work with children, parents, staff, and the community in a capacity of leadership and education including but not limited to:
- Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children of all ages.
- Sensitivity to individual needs.
- Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistent with The Salvation Army’s behavior management plan.
- Ability to handle security and crisis situations calmly and maintain confidentiality as needed.
- Ability to seek supervision and use it consistently.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.