The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kids Fit To Go Coach
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Responsible for implementation of The Salvation Army Health & Exercise curriculum to after school, evening or weekend sessions. The health education portion of the program is followed by the exercise and group activities.
- Deliver KIDS FIT GO! Curriculum at assigned site.
- Assist or lead a group of 10-30 kids in each session.
- Develop positive relationships with The Salvation Army staff, coaches/interns, participants and parents
- Coordinate actively promote train volunteers and to help lead the program as well as engage parent and community support.
- Document attendance, program reports, and other required administrative procedures.
- Set a great example for students and staff in all areas of the program including cleanliness, punctuality, respect for yourself and others, safety, set up and clean-up of equipment or rooms used.
- Ability to act in a professional manner always when representing The Salvation Army.
- Follow all The Salvation Army/Kroc Center policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Become a substitute coach for different sites as needed.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Seeking a degree in the fields of Education, Nutrition, Healthy promotion and/or health and wellness.
- Must be 18 years old
- Knowledge in teaching and coaching principals and techniques
- Must be physically fit and able to be a fitness/wellness role model to program participants
- Knowledge of motivational, educational techniques and small and large group dynamics
- Excellent communication skills specifically regarding communicating with children (English/Spanish a plus but NOT required)
- Establish and maintain good rapport with parents and guardians
- Ability to maintain a team attitude in providing a positive role model for the children
- Able to obtain CPR and First aid certification within 30 days of employment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Scheduling flexibility to be able to work with adults and children
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality as needed.
- Must be in good physical and mental health. Strong desire and ability to work well with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling, and education including but not limited to:
- Relate joyfully and sensitively to children of all ages.
- Sensitivity to children’s individual needs
- Use appropriate positive discipline consistently.
- Handle security and crisis situations calmly
- Engage and maintain a child’s interest in activities.
- Complete all Protecting the Mission requirements and other trainings as directed.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests if the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.