The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Sports Attendant 2
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Supervision of Sports Attendants, Lead Sports Attendants, and Sports Counselors.
- Oversight of the gymnasium and outdoor fields for programs, leagues, tournament play and rental uses.
- Responsible for scheduling of staff for the gymnasiums and athletic fields for members usage, programs, tournaments and league play.
- Organizing, planning, and supervising assigned programs and events.
- Coordinating with external tournament coordinators for athletic rentals.
- Will assist in the athletic/recreation field programs.
- Will assist in gymnasium/recreation field preparations and clean up.
- Assist in supervision of gymnasium, field and special events
- Recruit, hiring, training, and evaluating sports staff as required.
- Interface with peer, supervisors and people of various socio-economic backgrounds.
- Insure the safe use of the facility by enforcement of facility regulations and insuring that authorized patrons use the facility.
- Provide input into the development of policies and procedures for sports programs and conduct surveys of participant satisfaction rankings.
- Provide information and answer questions about available programs.
- Report all gymnasium and recreation field defects and repair problems.
- Enforce all rules that pertain to the gymnasium and recreation field and facility on a constant basis.
- Ability to work with volunteers on a professional level.
- Ability to assist in any emergencies or accidents.
- Handle disputes with participants, parents and students in a professional manner
- Maintain a safe working environment; Report all harmful problems with facilities to the proper supervisor.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center.
- Recognize the spiritual need of individuals, which may rewire referral to the officer/pastor who is an ordained minister of religion.
- Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
Skill / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- Two year of experience in a gymnasium and athletic field setting. Computer experience in using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Minimum of two years of experience supervising team sports in a competitive setting. Youth sports league coordination preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, team sports including all aspects of tournament implementation.
- Valid driver’s license and insured transportation. Certification by and participation in The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety program on an annual basis.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aide certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
- Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as The Salvation Army.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of the gymnasium and athletic field programs.
- Have a Philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of the Center and The Salvation Army.
- Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling and education including but not limited to:
- Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children of all ages.
- Sensitivity to children’s individual needs.
- Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistently.
- Ability to handle security and crisis situations, calmly.
- Ability to seek supervision and use it consistently.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.