The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Services Aide
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Distribute food boxes/bags to clients in a timely and respectful manner
- Provide referral resources to other social service agencies when The Salvation Army is unable to assist
- Answer phones and pre-screen case management clients
- Maintain client files with proper documentation
- Keep all client intake files up to date and available
- Deliver phone messages to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Retrieve messages from phone system and change prompts as necessary
- Maintenance of information in The Salvation Army database
- Keep inventory accurate and up to date at all times
- Prepare weekly and monthly statistics for outside organizations as well as The Salvation Army
- Assist with screening of seasonal applications
- Be flexible during holidays for incoming gift in kind and distribution
- Attend all staff meetings
- Represent The Salvation Army in community settings, when necessary as assigned
- Assist with Rental and Utility assistance program as needed
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED required
- Experience working with homeless population
- Able to maintain a non-judgmental attitude and a professional approach working with clients
- Computer literate in MS Office Software
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Able to handle crisis/emergency situation or services for the homeless and to utilize crisis intervention, crowd management and conflict resolution skills
- Certification in First Aide, CPR and AED required. If not current, certification must be obtained within two months of hire
- Ability to assess at risk participants and situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass Background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.