The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welcome Desk Associate
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Provide optimal customer service by ensuring all customers, clients and members are given prompt and courteous service.
- Must be able to handle cash, make change and operate the front-line computer software.
- Handle merchandise and concession sales.
- Promote programs and special events, making insightful recommendations which reflect the needs and interests of members.
- Greet and direct all visitors in a friendly and professional manner; direct calls and email inquiries to appropriate program staff in a timely manner.
- Provide Kroc Center orientation tours to prospective members and general public.
- Maintain progressive knowledge of all programs, facilities and special events.
- Observe and identify customers, clients and members who may be recommended candidates for scholarship; provide assistance for scholarship application process.
- Interact professionally with individuals and groups having diverse backgrounds.
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness of the Community Center Management System (CCMS); keep area clean and neatly arranged at all times.
- Secure the (CCMS) area at the open and close of shift.
- Provide administrative support to include filing, data entry and mailing.
- Use mature discretion when handling issues and notify appropriate department staff of escalated issues.
- Maintain staff relationships and work cooperatively with the RJKCCC Management Team, and all Divisional staff.
- Must be a person of high integrity and willing to support and promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Minimum one-year cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- High attention to detail and ability to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively without supervision and demonstrate a professional approach to problem solving.
- Proficient computer software and typing skills required.
- Service-oriented team player with the ability to maintain a positive attitude while interacting with Kroc employees, guests, and the general public.
- Possess customer service skills to include complaint resolution principles, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving and crisis situations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to carry out multiple tasks efficiently.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and write effectively. Preferably Spanish Bi-lingual.
- Must maintain a non-judgmental attitude while working with customers, clients, and/or members of staff.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED required.
- Required to pass a background check.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.