Town of Queen Creek
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Inspector - Engineering
at Town of Queen Creek
Pay: $48,869.18 to $68,417.03/year
Salary : $23.49 - $32.89 Hourly $48,869.18 - $68,417.03 Annually
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2357255
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Senior Inspector - Engineering|
|Salary:||$23.49 - $32.89 Hourly|
$48,869.18 - $68,417.03 Annually
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
Incumbents lead the off-site inspection on Town CIP and other projects or building inspection program. Duties include: performing site/field inspections and record keeping, leading inspection staff, reviewing plans and specs for projects; and preparing reports.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1. When assigned to Engineering Inspection:
Provides lead supervision of the off-site inspection staff; perform inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications in the areas of concrete inspection, underground utility construction, street light and traffic signal construction, temporary traffic control, asphalt construction, grading, right-of-way work and final approval of projects; schedules staff, provides communication from management to work unit and monitors work flow; inspects work of inspectors for efficient operation.
2. Meets with Town staff and departments to develop or improve Town standards.
3. Performs complex inspections of new right-of-way and civil on-site development projects throughout Town and Town Capital Improvement Projects; maintain inspection records; develop progress reports and correspondence for management review; canvass entire Town right-of-way for work being performed.
4. Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, developers, contractors, engineers, surveyors, utility companies, the public, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems, or give/ receive advice/ direction.
5. Attends project meetings during construction of infrastructure; solve problems and conflicts relating to construction problems.
6. Reviews and interprets plats, engineering plans, and reports for engineering projects: review project plans prior to commencement of project in field; review release of permits for construction per construction sequence; keeps records of daily construction activities.
7. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
When assigned to engineering inspection, requires an Associate's Degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and five years experience performing a variety of construction and engineering inspection; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
For engineering inspection assignment, requires the knowledge of:
* Construction practices in concrete, asphalt, and underground utilities and grading and drainage;
* Project management principles and practices;
* Job site safety; OSHA guidelines;
* Dispute resolution;
* Basic engineering principles;
* Customer service principles.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
For engineering inspection assignment, skill in:
* Leading a team of inspectors;
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
* Explaining and interpreting the inspection process in order to gain compliance;
* Construction trades, engineering codes, and engineering construction methods and materials.
* Applying engineering methods to actual designs and construction conditions;
* Reading and interpreting plans correctly.
A Town of Queen Creek electronic employment application is required for employment consideration. Obtain this by clicking on the link below or go to www.queencreek.org