Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heart Failure RN - East Valley
at Tri-City Cardiology
Do you pride yourself in putting patient care first? Are you looking for a full time position where you can utilize your cardiac and heart failure knowledge along with your critical thinking skills on a daily basis?
If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Join our amazing team of RNs and work with an organization where your skill set will be highly valued, growth and development is encouraged, and where patient care is a priority!
This position is based at our Baywood location in Mesa (Power Rd./Broadway) with travel required to our other East Valley locations. Mileage reimbursement is provided for interoffice travel during the business day. We offer a great Monday-Friday schedule with no nights or weekends!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.”
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position functions as a registered nurse providing patient care in a medical office setting by providing comprehensive care to heart failure patients, managing HF triage calls, walk-in HF triage patients, leading emergency events. This position works collaboratively with site supervisors/managers, physician support staff members, ACLS staff members and providers.
The incumbents in this position perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Adhering to the requirement in the employee handbook as well as adhering to Tri City’s Standards of Behavior is required.
- Ability to manage heart failure reports and information from each device programmer and remote monitoring websites.
- Interpret and summarize all acquired heart failure device reports and send to provider for review.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and determine care plan for heart failure patients. Act as a clinical resource to the HF Specialist medical assistant(s) in the department.
- Knowledge and ability to accurately document in the chart all interactions and processes.
- Ability to make decisions on adjustment of medication doses and provide clinical care instructions without provider involvement as supported by the established HF Department and related Triage Department guidelines.
- Ability to manage medication questions or concerns and assist in managing new or existing prescriptions.
- Ability to direct the patient to the appropriate level of medical support needed based on the assessment. Level of medical support may include but not limited to: primary care provider, urgent care facility or emergency care facility.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals in assisting with the development of HF related processes and guidelines.
- Required to be BLS and ACLS certified and to respond to, and act as a lead in all levels of emergency in the office.
- Assist in supporting all clinical and non-clinical departments throughout the organization with clinical questions and concerns that are in the scope of practice of an RN and according to the established guidelines for the HF department.
Note: The essential functions of the job are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Arizona RN license
- Two years RN experience required.
- Cardiology experience required.
- Current ACLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current)
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days if not current)
- 40 wpm typing
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability in order to resolve problems and carry out instructions.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in an effective, clear, calm, friendly and professional manner. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all internal and external customers.
- Manages tasks in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Patient education and triage experience preferred.
In addition to fostering a positive work environment with internal career growth opportunities for our employees, we offer a generous comprehensive Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Monday-Friday work schedules*
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment for full-time, regular employees)**
- 401(k) retirement plan**
- Paid Time Off (PTO)**
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays**
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance**
- Supplemental Insurance**
- Health and Wellness Program with incentives attached**
- Employee Assistance Programs**
- Opportunities for quarterly bonus incentives**
- Employee discounts
**Available for full-time, regular employees of Tri-City Cardiology after meeting certain eligibility requirements
Tri-City Cardiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal employment opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
For more information about career opportunities with Tri-City Cardiology, please visit our career site at: jobs.tricitycardiology.com
About Tri City Cardiology
At Tri-City Cardiology, patient satisfaction is a top priority. Our team of physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with high quality care and outstanding patient service so that every encounter is a positive experience! Each of the 24 board-certified physicians on the staff of Tri-City Cardiology are dedicated to bringing only the best cardiology and vascular care to their patients in the Phoenix Metro area. Each one is a leader in his or her field of specialty, many earning the distinction of “Top Doctor” recognition by Phoenix Magazine since the practice was established in 1979. As graduates from some of the nation’s leading medical schools and fellowship programs. The Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
To maintain the highest degree of patient confidence, the practice relies on the Press Ganey system for scoring patient satisfaction. Our physicians are focused on providing quality cardiovascular services based on the clinic guidelines established by their specialty boards.and fellowship programs, the Tri-City Cardiology team of physicians enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement.
Our physicians work closely with East Valley hospitals to bring state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and preventative services to the community.