Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Billing /Claims Manager
at Ascend Behavioral Health
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: Under general supervision, coordinates, and/or performs a wide variety of administrative, insurance verifications , billing, obtain authorizations , some human resource, secretarial and program support tasks and billing for all insurance plans .
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Claims Manager serves as the initial point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies. Will be performing human resource activities including accounts receivable/payable and payroll, clients' needs , compiling and obtaining authorizations , insurance verifications , reconciliation/ maintaining accurate ledger for all claims paid and received , filing and management of clients funds. Obtaining all operational compliance paperwork per insurance requirements and daily tasks assigned by Executive Director
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate, and prepares internal reports for Executive Director and collecting payroll data.
2. Assists with project development and planning to ensure more efficient service and organization of the office.
3. Composes and prepares written documentation and correspondence for the office.
4. Manages human resource files
5. Answers business calls
6. obtain bids from vendors
7. Completes all additional tasks assigned by Executive Director
8. In charge of all clients funds and disbursement for all sites.
9. Completes all billing in a timely manner and accurately .
10. Obtains authorizations for all billing
11. Understanding of insurance plans
12. Organizes and charts on members claims .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures. Knowledge in billing and claims and authorizations.
Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues. Information research skills Word processing and/or data entry skillsKnowledge of office management principles and procedures
Organizing, multitasking and coordinating skill. Database management skills
HOURS OF WORK: Forty (40) hours per week; exempt position.
EVALUATION SCHEDULE: Annual.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma/ GED with 3 to 5 years experience or Four year degree with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified