Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Caregiver / Behavioral Health Technician
at Ascend Behavioral Health
HAscend Behavioral Health is currently seeking a Caregiver (BHT) to join its outstanding team.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The Caregiver(BHT) is responsible for developing an active treatment approach that is designed to promote a positive therapeutic milieu.
- As the Primary staff, monitor and report resident's progress
- Maintain individual records at home for each resident to include resident's Individual Treatment Plan (ITP)
- Maintain accurate and objective information for each resident on a daily basis
- Attend ITP meetings for residents as designated
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Maintain communication with all ABH staff to increase awareness of progress and problems
Household responsibilities to include:
- Implementation of physical management techniques to aid in controlling aggressive residents
- Professional advancement through a program of self-study to maintain current knowledge of current principles and program development within the professional field.
- Additional duties as requested.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Instruct and supervise residents in the following areas:
- Personal hygiene
- Homemaking skills
- House cleaning
- Bed making
- Menu planning/nutrition
- Communication and cooperation with peers and others
- Accompany and transport residents on rotating basis to activities such as:
- Medical or dental appointments, etc.
- Church or religious activities
- Assist in recreation activities such as:
- Assisting or transporting to recreational facilities or events
- Encourage and facilitate home recreation
- Under the direction of a psychiatrist, responsibilities to include:
- Monitoring the self-administration of medication to residents per policy
Skill / Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to work with adults whom exhibit severe behavioral problems and maintain a positive demeanor.
- The knowledge of basic behavior modification principles
- The skills and knowledge to:
- Protect client rights
- Provide treatment that promotes client dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy, and choice
- Recognize common symptoms of mental disorder, personality disorder, or substance abuse
- Need immediate or unscheduled behavior health services
- Need immediate medical services
- Be experiencing a crisis situation
- Read and implement a resident's treatment plan
- Access community services and resources and make a referral
- Demonstration ethical behavior, such as staff and resident boundaries and the inappropriateness of receiving gratuities from a resident
- Identify types of medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders, personality disorders, substance abuse, and common side effects and reactions to medications
- Conduct an assessment, develop a resident's treatment plan, and provide counseling. QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and have a minimum of:
- Bachelors Degree in year experience working with an emotionally/behaviorally challenged population, or
- Two to Four years experience working with an emotionally/behaviorally challenged population
- Additionally, he/she must posses the personal characteristics necessary to effectively maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for persons with emotional challenges.