Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Director - Full Time
at Ascend Behavioral Health
JOB TITLE: Clinical Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: To provide clinical supervision of Ascend Therapist of all behavioral health services including individual, family, and group counseling to clients and their families.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Clinical Director is responsible for providing executive clinical direction and oversight of all clinical aspects of the program, and particularly, pursuant to developing and monitoring clinical work of Ascend Therapist.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Provide input to the Executive Director regarding clinical supervision of all Ascend Therapist.
- Provide directly or indirectly through qualified persons clinical evaluative services on all incoming placements sufficient for therapists to complete an individualized plan of treatment.
- Supervise and consult with therapists and persons delivering treatment services within treatment homes operated by Ascend Behavioral Health and Wellness.
- Supervise therapist's individual caseloads including individualized treatment plans, case notes, and required documentation.
- Supervise therapist's treatment groups including treatment curriculums, group notes, and required documentation.
- Provide program descriptions, curriculums as needed for programs.
- Provide directly or indirectly through qualified persons individual and group training to program personnel to ensure proper implementation of program.
- Focus on staff understanding and implementing the treatment program, individualized treatment plans of clients, and general and individual behavior management programs.
- Participate in consultations and meetings and crisis consultation on as needed.
- Interviews, hires, and supervises therapists and contract psychiatrists.
- Develops behavior modification systems within the therapeutic milieu.
- Consults with Residential Program Supervisors on specific interventions.
- Provides in-service training on clinical topics.
- Supervises ITP development and implementation.
- Ensure clinical documentations meets al contractors guidelines
- Performs audits and reviews of all clinical files
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and skills in treatment program planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with psychological and behavioral health intervention strategies.
- Knowledge of procedures for individual, group, and family counseling.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- General knowledge of behavior modification.
- Special knowledge on the needs of emotionally challenged adults.
- The ability to supervise others and manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of the Arizona Department of Health Services licensing procedures relative to clinical operations
EVALUATION SCHEDULE: Annual
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. A minimum of a masters degree or doctorate degree related to the field of behavioral health and to the treatment of families, adults , and adolescents who have a wide range of emotional and behavioral challenges.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience working with families, adults, and adolescents who have a wide range of emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners or the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners as a social worker or professional counselor or marriage and family therapist, LISAC, or psychologist.
- A minimum of three (3) years supervisory/ management