Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight &Evening Caregivers NEEDED:, 10pm to 8am, 11pm to 7am, 8pm to 8sm
at Ascend Behavioral Health
Ascend Behavioral Health,LLC is currently seeking a Caregiver (BHT) to join its outstanding team.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The Caregiver(BHT) is responsible for developing an active treatment approach that is designed to promote a positive therapeutic milieu.
- As the Primary staff, monitor and report resident's progress
- Maintain individual records at home for each resident to include resident's Individual Treatment Plan (ITP)
- Maintain accurate and objective information for each resident on a daily basis
- Maintain communication with all ABH staff to increase awareness of progress and problems
Household responsibilities to include:
- Implementation of physical management techniques to aid in controlling aggressive residents
- Professional advancement through a program of self-study to maintain current knowledge of current principles and program development within the professional field.
- Additional duties as requested.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Instruct and supervise residents in the following areas
- Homemaking ski
- Menu planning/nutrition
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Communication and cooperation with peers and other
- Assist in contacts with family and friends (i.e. phone calls, letter writing)
- Accompany and transport residents on rotating basis to activities such as:
- Medical or dental appointments, etc.
- Church or religious activities
- Assist in recreation activities such as:
- Assisting or transporting to recreational facilities or events
- Encourage and facilitate home recreation
Skill / Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to work with adults whom exhibit severe behavioral problems and maintain a positive demeanor.
- The skills and knowledge to:
- Protect client rights
- Provide treatment that promotes client dignity, independence, individuality, strengths QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and have a minimum of Highschool Diploma or GED and :
- Six months to one year experience working with an emotionally/behavior and/or,
- Two (2)years experience working with an emotionally/behaviorally challenged population
- Additionally, he/she must posses the personal characteristics necessary to effectively maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for persons with emotional challenges.
This will be an overnight shift position.