Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Behavioral Medical Director (Arizona)
at UnitedHealth Group
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Behavioral Medical Director position is responsible for maintaining the clinical integrity of the program, including timely peer reviews, appeals and consultations with providers and other community based clinicians, including general practitioners. They work collaboratively with the Health Plan Medical Director, Clinical, Network and Quality staff as well as interact directly with Psychiatrists, Prescribers, and other clinical professionals who consult on various processes and programs.
The Associate Behavioral Medical Director is part of a leadership team that manages development and implementation of medical expense initiatives. They will also advise leadership on improvement opportunities regarding medical expense programs and clinical activities that impact medical expense. Our clinical vision drives the team to improve the quality of care our consumers receive.
- Ensuring delivery of cost effective quality care that incorporates recovery, resiliency and person - centered services
- Responsible for Level of Care guidelines and utilization management protocols
- Responsible for oversight and management, along with the Clinical Director and Clinical Program Director, utilization review, management and care coordination activities
- Provide clinical oversight to the clinical staff, oversee the management of services at all levels of care in the benefit plan
- Keep current regarding Evidence Based Practices and treatment philosophies including those that address Recovery and Resilience
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Current license to practice as a physician without restrictions
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation and recovery
- Knowledge of post - acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist post residency strongly preferred
- Experience in public sector delivery systems and experience in state specific public sector services
- Experience working with community based programs and resources designed to aid the State Medicaid population
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: associate, behavioral, medical, clinical, psychiatry, psychiatrist, director, licensed, certified, Arizona