Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Intervention Services - Phoenix, Arizona
at UnitedHealth Group
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? OptumRx is creating an innovative approach to Pharmacy Benefit Management. Here you'll find a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. With better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Intervention Services team provides a variety of clinical services, such as: Adherence, Diabetes, Fraud Waste & Abuse, Medication Therapy Management, Post - Hospital Discharge, and Retrospective Drug Utilization.
The team comprises of clinical pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians that complete various functions to successfully meet the operational requirements of each clinical service. The work hours required will require flexibility to work rotating shifts between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm, Monday through Friday.
The Clinical Pharmacist will report into the Operations Team Manager. This role is primarily responsible for performing telephonic consultations with members to complete comprehensive medication reviews and improve disease state management. In addition, the clinical pharmacist with document the care delivered and communicates essential information to the member’s primary care providers.
- Utilize prescription and medical claim data to generate clinical recommendations according to Medication Therapy Management and Retrospective Drug Utilization Review program protocols
- Provide clinical recommendations pertaining to, but not limited to, gaps in care, high risk medications, compliance and adherence, drug interactions, therapeutic substitution, and generic substitution
- Utilize client formulary information to guide appropriate medication recommendations
- Keep current with new and emerging clinical trends
- Active participation in departmental meetings to improve clinical programs and enhance processes
- Share clinical information and department procedure protocols during client site visits
- Assist with user acceptance testing for new clinical programs and system enhancements
- Call members to schedule consultation appointments
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet departmental objectives
- Follow all policies and procedures related to job
- Support Clinical Intervention Service team as needed for special projects
Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license in the state of Arizona
- Strong clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Willing to work flexible hours in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently within a cross functional team environment
- Demonstrates interpersonal, consultative, and problem - solving skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Commitment to professionalism and a dedicated desire to advance patient care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- 2+ years work experience in retail / community pharmacy and / or PBM
Additional Pharmacist License in good standing in Louisiana, Oregon, or Illinois
Prior call center experience
Fluent in Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and / or Vietnamese
ACPE MTM Specialist
Certified Diabetes Educator
Certified Geriatric Specialist
Board Certified Pharmacist
Successful completion of a Pharmacy Residency
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Pharmacist, PharmD, clinical call center, Phoenix, Arizona