Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personnel Security Clerk - DoD Cleared
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer Level
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Morning
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering and promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Full Time Days
Mon To Fri
Secret Clearance required
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Department of Defense (DoD) Cleared Personnel Security Clerk
Duties and Responsibilities: Personnel performing in these roles will be responsible for the following (this is not all inclusive list):
1) Process security clearances using eQIP
2) Process fingerprints and maintain the fingerprint system (SWFT)
3) Provide clearance actions (periodic re-investigations, new clearances, transfers, terminations, and upgrades)
4) Maintenance of personnel clearances in (customer)
5) Maintain the government's Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)/Defense Industrial Security System (DISS)
6) Coordination with Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), Office of Personnel Management (OPM), and Defense Office of Hearing and Appeals (DOHA) on clearance actions
7) Run and validate JPAS/EPSS Exception Reports
8) Adverse Information Reporting in JPAS/DISS
9) Process personnel deployment OCONUS assignment in the government's Synchronized Pre-deployment Operational Tracker (SPOT)
10) Assist & Support (customer) Internal Security Controls through performance of compliance assessment reviews, self-inspections, and Defense Security Service (DSS) Vulnerability Assessments
11) Clearance requirement - Secret or Interim Secret clearance with an open investigation
1) Process and maintain incoming and outgoing Domestic and Foreign Visits to include coordinating and working with Defense Security Service International (DSS) , Foreign Embassies, Military Installations, Government Officials, customer Managers, Global Trade Controls Office, Office Administrators, and Facility Security Officers (FSO)
2) Maintain Foreign and Domestic visits through the governments Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)/Defense Industrial Security System (DISS) and the customer badging system
3) Assist & Support customer Internal Security Controls through performance of compliance assessment reviews, self-inspections, and Defense Security Service (DSS) Vulnerability Assessments
1) Be a US citizen.
2) Be a minimum age of 21 years old.
3) Have no record of previous felony convictions.
4) Possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree.
5) Be able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
6) One to two years of experience in this type of role or related work experience
7) Current security credentials as required by federal, state, and local laws and statutes.
8) Must pass a pre-employment background check
9) Must successfully pass drug and alcohol screening
10) Have strong knowledge of personnel security processing operations and ability to work with limited supervision.
11)Be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) position appropriate level security clearance
Skill Requirements (To Perform Job Duties):
1. Ability to multi task and prioritize
2. Ability to stay calm under pressure
3. Ability to analyze problems, identify causes, and implement results oriented solutions
4. Excellent organizational and time management ability. Must be competent and literate with computers
5. Must have the ability to develop and write clear and concise emails and memos
6. Ability to handle high pressure situations and make sound decisions
7. A professional demeanor, along with excellent customer service skills
8. Ability to work independently while also being a team player
Basic requirements for the US Government clearance are as follows: The US Government adjudicators consider the totality of the investigation when issuing a clearance. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, you may request consultation with the Allied Universal Services Compliance Manager/Facility Security Officer.
- Applicant must be a US citizen
- Applicant cannot hold citizenship in any country is addition to the US
- Applicant cannot have any foreign property, business connections or foreign financial interests
- Applicant’s immediate family must be US citizens; This includes spouse, parents, step parents, brothers, sisters, step brother, step sister, in laws and non-family cohabitants; If the applicant is unmarried, applicant cannot be cohabitating with a non-US citizen
- Applicant must have very good credit, including no debt that is in default or not paid as agreed, and no bankruptcy filed in last 5 years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been arrested, investigated, detained, or charged with any criminal offense, including under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ)
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever pled guilty or pled no contest to any charge (felony, misdemeanor, military code or traffic offense
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has been a part of any civil court proceedings within the last seven (7) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever had any disciplinary or counseling action related to their use of alcohol
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER used, purchased or sold any illegal drugs
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has consulted with a medical professional about a mental health condition other than marital, family, PTSD or grief counseling
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever defaulted on a loan, declared bankruptcy or had personal property repossessed in the last ten (10) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has had ANY debt placed in collections in the last seven (7) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER had a tax lien or wage garnishment
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he is currently delinquent on any taxes (federal, state or local)
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been late or are currently delinquent on any child support payments
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has deliberately misused an automated/computer information system
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if, in the last ten (10) years, s/he had any of the following situations occur:
- Fired from a job
- Quit a job after being told they would be fired
- Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of misconduct
- Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of unsatisfactory performance
- Left a job for other reasons under unfavorable circumstances
- (NOTE: The government reserves the right to require an individual to take a polygraph at any time once the individual has been approved for a security clearance)
This is a trusted position for which ONLY qualified candidates will be considered. If you qualify based on the above requirements, please complete the position application.
If you do not qualify for this specific position, please feel free to complete an application with Allied Universal Services for another position.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.