Valle Del Sol
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Based Counselor
at Valle Del Sol
School Based Counselor
Salary: $40,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
We are currently seeking for talented individuals to fill 2 counseling co-located positions at various school districts.
This individual will provide counseling services and coordination of integrated care for consumers and families utilizing individual, group, and/or family approaches as indicated by need. He/she will maintain and manage a caseload size of up to 35 consumers receiving consistent counseling services, and runs a minimum of 4 therapetuic groups on school campus; will be responsible for service delivery including conducting intake assessments, participating in, or facilitating, Child and Family Teams, and for providing clinical oversight to teams. Works with consumers and their families to create individualized service plans, implements agreed upon interventions, and monitors progress toward goal completion in accordance with the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles. Will also work with the child and family team to prevent and/or appropriately respond to crises and to minimize out-of-home placement and will monitor consumers’ level of acuity/need and recommends appropriate level of case management and/or psychiatric services accordingly. This individual promotes consumer/family independence and assists with transition planning, creates and maintains collaborative and trusting relationships with school administration and staff to incorporate and reinforce community support for clients and families, conducts observations and direct services on school campus, and when appropriate participates and provides clinical oversight and established workshops to teachers and administration staff in schools.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) and 1 year of BH experience.
- Must have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and to meet the unique needs of consumer populations served by the agency, including children and meet OBHL requirements for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) or Professional (BHP).
- Must be credentialed as BHT or BHP within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to develop routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have exceptional skills in communication (written and verbal) and able to execute conflict resolution.
- Culturally sensitive and trauma sensitive.
- Experience working with families of diverse socio-econominc status.
- Maintain an awareness of substance abuse symptoms, signs, and best practice treatment.
- Profficient in DSM 5 diagnosing.
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior, child development, and counseling theories.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- TB test
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
- Physical: Ability to drive, heat tolerant during summer months, legible penmanship.
- Mental: Ability to deal with emotional and/or stressful situations.
- Environmental: Most work is performed out of the office in the consumers’ homes or schools.
**Salary is based on licensure level**
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.