Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Medical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Director, this position provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs patient related tasks to include, direct patient care, vital signs, daily ADLs, clinical procedures and other tasks as requested. The CNA will also communicate patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Nurse or Physician while documenting all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant nursing assistant or healthcare related experience.
- Must successfully complete approved Valleywise Health computer classes.
- Requires licensure through the AZ Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.