Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Safety Officer II (9:30PM-6:00AM)
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4365
Department: Security & Safety
Accountable To: Director of Safety and Security
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: September 10, 2019
Summary: Under general direction, incumbent(s) patrols and performs security and safety duties at the assigned school. Incumbent(s) monitors campus for law violations and other disciplinary incidents. Incumbent(s) ensures safety and security measures are adhered to and investigates unusual conditions or activities and contacts and cooperates with local enforcement.
- Monitors the cafeteria, bus areas, hallways, restrooms, and other assigned areas of the school building to deter and control undesirable actions. Patrols parking lots and school grounds to detect unauthorized persons or vehicles and to identify any suspicious activities. Performs traffic control duties before and after school.
- Patrols school buildings and grounds and performs security inspections to provide protection against vandalism, burglary, arson, trespass, and theft. Secures campus by locking and unlocking perimeter gates at scheduled intervals.
- Assists with the administration of risk management for the campus to include identifying, analyzing, and controlling occupational and other safety hazards. Reports actions and/or findings to principal.
- Assists administrators and staff in crisis and emergency situations.
- Provides information to principal and local law enforcement agencies regarding security and safety issues.
- Contacts and cooperates with local law enforcement agencies in preventing, controlling, and investigating criminal activities. Informs principal of emergency-related or criminal activities.
- Performs a variety of security-related tasks such as maintaining orderly control of large crowds, enforcing parking regulations, and enforcing safety and security regulations at special school events. Assists with on-campus supervision of special events.
- Performs scheduled and non-scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on the fire detection system as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D.);
- One year of security-related experience;
- Valid Arizona Department of Transportation Driver’s License.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Three years of law enforcement-related experience;
- Three years of safety and security experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Applying District policies and procedures;
- Understanding safety rules and procedures for students, staff, and other constituents,
- Using safety equipment such as fire extinguishers;
- Operating vehicles in a safe manner;
- Understanding Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA);
- Understanding Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA);
- Knowing Federal and State laws governing area of assignment
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Using computer software related programs;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)