Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equitable Services Teacher
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Starting Salary: $41,500
Equitable Services Coordinator
CLASS SUMMARY: Under general direction, incumbent(s) creates lesson plans in relation with the District’s curriculum and academic programs, provides instruction to students, communicates with teachers and parents, and maintains discipline. Travel to private schools to provide services to identified stsudents.
Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to complement lesson plans. Designs a variety of activities to engage students in active learning.
Develops written lesson plans and activities in relation with the District’s curriculum and academic program by using a variety of instructional materials and techniques and to meet the needs of the students. Establishes high expectations for student performance and provides motivation, management, instruction, guidance, and support to assist students to meet those expectations.
Communicates with regular classroom teacher regarding student achievement, instructional support, lesson plans, attendance, behavior issues and students’ overall progress. Participates in parent/teacher conferences as requested.
Effectively maintain and document efficient schedule of school visits and students served.
Maintains student and academic records such as attendance, lessons completed, overall lesson plans and test results, and student’s overall progress.
Maintain discipline according to District guidelines that includes providing safety and health services to students in the classroom environment. Escorts students to and from classroom
Works cooperatively with parents, staff and students to meet the needs of the students.
Works with private school teachers to identify students eligible for participation in equitable services program based on academic need. Will participate in child study process as needed.
Maintains program records in compliance with federally mandated regulations.
Attends District professional development and other seminars to remain current and compliant with equitable services and District requirements.
Works collaboratively with other team members.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in Education;
· Valid Arizona Department of Education Teacher Certificate (K-8);
· Valid Arizona Department of Transportation Drivers’ License;
· Three years teaching experience.
It is preferred that applicant possess the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
· Five (5) years of teaching experience.
· Experience in the Child Study Team process
· Expereince in providing students with interventions
· Experience in the identification of students that are at risk
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
· Knowing instructional techniques to meet the various learning styles of students;
· Recognizing educational courses and qualifying National tests;
· Maintaining accurateand up to date records on students;
· Effective written and verbal communication skills;
· Demonstrating effective instructional skills;
· Identifying learning styles and students needs, assigning lessons to meet those needs;
· Writing clear, timely and concise progress notes on each student;
· Organizing and managing time efficiently;
· Recognizing students’ different needs and developing activities to enhance learning;
· Listening effectively to students;
· Working as a team member;
· Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information;
· Working individually and with small groups of students;
· Complying with Federal, State and District policies and procedures;
· Working with diverse student populations
· Use of Technology: EXCEL, Microsoft, Google, Outlook etc.
· Maintaining professionalism at all times
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)