Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4323
Position Control: 3453,3454, 3455
Accountable To: Facility Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 10, 2019
Summary: Under direct supervision, incumbent(s) maintains assigned areas of buildings and grounds in a clean, sanitary, and safe condition. Incumbent(s) provides custodial care for District facilities by emptying trash, sweeping and vacuuming floors, cleaning classrooms and sanitizing bathrooms, picking up and maintaining cafeteria, and performing other custodial-related duties.
- Cleans assigned school facilities for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment. Sweeps, dusts, cleans, scrubs, strips, seals, waxes, polishes, and mops floors in classrooms, kitchens, dining halls, toilet rooms, offices, and similar facilities. Cleans, dusts, high dusts, and polishes woodwork, glass, hall lockers, furniture, air intake screens, louvers, fixtures, and other installations.
- Removes spots from floors, walls, woodwork, furniture, and fixtures and cleans chalkboards and erasers. Washes and scrubs walls, lavatory fixtures, inside glass, windows, painted surfaces, and drinking fountains, and sanitizes refrigerators and beverage coolers.
- Maintains floors and sidewalks (e.g. sweeps, wet/dry mops, dust mops, vacuums carpets, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safety and proper maintenance of facility. Sweeps and hoses blacktops, playgrounds, sidewalks, and parkways.
- Arranges tables, chairs, desks, etc. for the purpose of providing adequate preparation for classroom activities and events. Performs a variety of unscheduled custodial duties as requested by the school office and teachers.
- Maintains supplies and equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items required to properly stock facilities. Services soap dispensers, towel boxes, and similar facilities.
- Operates equipment, such as floor polishing and scrubbing machines, wall washing machines, steam shampooers, vacuum cleaners, and power sweepers.Performs other duties as required.
- Secure campus by checking all doors, windows, and activating security system. Identifies and reports information regarding vandalism, theft, fire damage, and floods, and identifies, records, and reports maintenance needs. Assists in providing security for buildings and grounds, contacts proper authority for assistance as needed. Locks and unlocks doors, gates, windows, and storerooms.
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish, paper, and debris, and empties and washes refuse containers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
- One year of custodial or maintenance-related experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Understanding various cleaning equipment used in a commercial environment;
- Understanding commercial cleaning chemicals;
- Complying with safety precautions, labels and warnings;
- Using tools to make minor repairs such as screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches and drills.
- Using commercial grade cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor buffers, floor wax applicators and cleaner/extractor machines;
- Reading instructions and following directions in the use of commercial grade cleaning supplies;
- Knowing methods of cleaning floors, lavatories, and other areas of school buildings
- Knowing sterilization and sanitation methods used in custodial work
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions
- Recognizing maintenance needs and report to supervisor
- Working harmoniously with students, administrators, P.T.A. groups, teachers, and others;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, January 9, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)