Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Care Provider
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4516
Position Control: 3911
Department: Various Schools
Accountable To: Principal
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 10, 2019
Summary: Under direct supervision, incumbent(s) provides assistance to special needs preschool students by maintaining the student’s attention, socialization, discipline, and behavior. Also, incumbent(s) provides assistance to special needs preschool students in toileting, diapering, feeding, and drinking. In addition, incumbent(s) prepares the classroom and monitors students on the playground and in the cafeteria.
- Provides support needed to help special need student(s) move from one activity to another by giving verbal, visual, and physical prompts, giving mobility assistance, routing of entering and exiting classroom, assisting with backpacks and jackets, and assisting with organizing items to and from classroom and/or home.
- Encourages special need student(s) to socialize and maintain attention in the classroom by providing prompts to redirect group and/or individual activities, assisting student(s) in maintaining reasonable personal boundaries, supporting cooperative play as modeled by classroom teacher, facilitating position and seating during circle time, group activities, and snack activities.
- Assists special need student(s) in toileting and/or diapering including changing and disposing diapers, accompanying student(s) to bathroom, assisting in (un)dressing, charting toileting schedules and diapering, and changing clothes and cleaning toileting accidents.
- Maintains discipline by monitoring special need student(s) behavior and taking the appropriate action including determining when to give a warning and when a formal notice should be written. Prepares incident documents including disciplinary actions and documentation for unusual incidents.
- Monitors special need student(s) and ensures safety on the playground and the cafeteria area before school, during breakfast and lunch, and during recess. Work with team to identify and remove safety hazards. Reports any unusual incidents or injury to school administration. Accompanies student(s) from classrooms to other areas including the library, playground, bus area, and cafeteria and to buses to ensure orderly behavior. Assists student(s) with entering and exiting the bus. Provides supervision of student(s) on field trips.
- Prepares classrooms for activities including gathering materials, setting up tables and chairs, and handing out materials. Prepares meal prep for the special education student(s) including getting trays from cafeteria and setting up tables. Performs clean up after classroom activities and meal prep including picking up toys and placemats, washing tables, chairs, and placemats, rearranging furniture, disposing trash, and placing toys and placemats to appropriate area.
- Assists special need student(s) in feeding and drinking to include, hand-over-hand assistance with use of utensils; stability, arm, and wrist support; charting quantity and specific foods and drinks ingested; assistance holding and/or replacing cup; assistance with using straws; and opening cartons.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- Valid Arizona Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Valid CPR certificate within 30 days of hire;
- Valid First Aid certificate within 30 days of hire;
- One year of experience working with children.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Bilingual experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Working with children;
- Preparing classroom for various activities;
- Applying school rules, policies and procedures;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Monday, October 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)