Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Instructional Assistant - After School Academy - Royal Palm
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 5168
Openings as of 11/22/2017
- Temporary Instructional Assistant - After School Academy - Royal Palm JobID: 5168
- Position Type:
Extracurricular/Athletics/After School Academy
- Date Posted:
Royal Palm Middle School
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
- Six months of working with children in a learning environment or related experience;
- Valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate within thirty days of hire.
- Proficiency in English and target language.
- Demonstrating child development theories;
- Knowing basic mathematical concepts;
- Using typical activities within a classroom environment;
- Working with children;
- Maintaining student discipline;
- Demonstrating appropriate techniques and procedures;
- Facilitating group activities in a learning environment;
- Reviewing completed work assignments;
- Preparing classroom for various activities;
- Reading and following lesson plans;
- Applying school rules, policies and procedures;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
|Starting Salary Range: |
|POSITION CONTROL: |
|ACCOUNTABLE TO: |
|FLSA STATUS: |
CLASS SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, incumbent(s) works with students individually or in groups on special projects assigned by the teacher, assist(s) with maintaining student discipline, performs monitoring duties, and prepares materials and classroom.
|Works with students individually or in groups on special projects or assignments including spelling, reading, mathematics, comprehension levels and memorization of emergency information. Demonstrates skills and techniques in order to aid in student learning. Monitors student behavior and enforces school and classroom standards and policies.||Daily |
|Copies and prepares educational materials directed by the After/Summer School Instructor.||Daily 10%||A1|
|Collaborates with the After/Summer School Instructor on the preparation and follow-up of tutoring assignments.||Daily |
|Performs other duties as assigned.||As Required|
|REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: |
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
|PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: |
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
|KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: |
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
|PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: |
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!