Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant
at Westminster Village
JOB SUMMARY: Performs direct resident care according to the Nursing Care Plans under the directions of the Charge Nurse. Documents services provided as required by facility policy. Assures that proper safety measures are followed. Is responsible for delivering quality nursing care within the framework of the nursing Care Plan.
PERFORMANCE REQUlREMENTS / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Direct resident care (including, but not limited to):
- Perform or assist with personal hygiene and grooming
- Weigh and measure residents
- Bathes (tub or shower)
- Take vital signs
- Performs transfers and proper body alignment, ambulates and exercises residents
- Makes beds (occupied and unoccupied)
- Prepare residents for meals
- Answer call lights promptly and emergency lights immediately
- Assist with admissions, transfers or discharges
- Keep resident rooms neat and orderly in accordance with infection control policies
- Collect urine and stool specimens as requested
- Assists with maintaining adequate nutritional status:
- feed and assist resident during meals
- pass and collect room trays
- record amount of food and fluid consumed
- serve snacks/nourishments
- Provide fresh water every shift and as needed
- Assist with bowel and bladder care
- Take resident to bathroom as necessary
- Offer bedpans/urinals
- Provide incontinent care
- Record output when necessary and B.M. status every shift
- Assist with the rehabilitation of residents including self-help measures with ADL's
- Document every shift on ADL record, B.M. record and meal percentages, vital signs and I & O
- Observe and report all discernible symptoms, reactions, and any changes in resident condition to Charge Nurse
- Participate in staff development programs to maintain twelve (12) CEU’s or in-service per year
- Uses supplies and equipment economically and charges accordingly
- Is responsible for safe practices in all areas of work
- Performs any other duties or assumes any other responsibilities as directed by the Charge Nurse, DON or Administrator
- Exposure to body fluids and body waste
- Rotation of work hours
- 32 hour/week - 7.5 hour shift Or 8 hrs/40wk Shift differential pay may be requested to work additional shifts
- Will work in well lighted/well ventilated area of the Health Care Center of Westminster Village, Inc
- Stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours
- Subject to frequent interruption
PHYSICAL / SENSORY / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Frequently standing, bending, lifting and moving intermittently during work hours. Bending, lifting and carrying at least 20 pounds and up to 40 pounds on a daily basis. Prolonged standing and/or walking. Frequent reaching, pulling, pushing movements. Approximately 80 % of the day is spent standing and/or walking.
- Must be able to continuously perform simple manipulative tasks on equipment such as telephones, facsimiles, copy machines. Occasionally perform difficult manipulative tasks. Lifting equipment and supplies weighing at least 20 pounds. Must be able to kneel, climb stairs, reach above, at or below shoulder height. Approximately 98% of the day is spent indoors. Must be able to communicate with resident, patient, families, public and co-workers.
- Coordination: requires good hand-eye coordination, steadiness and ability to move about in small spaces, between objects, equipment and furniture.
- Mobility: must be able to continuously stand and walk; occasionally squat, climb stairs, bend to the floor, reach over your shoulder, kneel, twist, sit, stand and remain in uncomfortable positions for short periods of time.
- Speech: must be able to continuously articulate clearly and precisely.
- Emotional stability: must be able to continuously deal effectively with stress created by multiple tasks, noises, interruptions and to work cooperatively as part of the health care team while maintaining a pleasant personality.
- Vision: must be able to continuously see objects up close so as to notice any changes. Ability to focus and read a posted sign and distinguish colors for warning lights.
- Hearing: must be able to continuously hear normal sounds and choice patterns with some background noise. Must have adequate hearing to receive verbal instructions. Must also be able to hear audible emergency signals, and to be able to answer the telephone.
- Concentration: ability to concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruption.
- Attention Span: attend to a function from 10 minutes to up to 8 hours.
- Conceptualization: must be able to understand and relate specific ideas and concepts.
- Memory: must be able to remember multiple tasks and assignments over a period of up to 8 hours.
Education and Training
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Nursing Assistant certificate from approved state program
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant preferred
- Must have knowledge of basic Nursing Assistant practices and ethics
- Be familiar with life care retirement facilities policies and procedures