Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Village
Job Title: Cook II
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Chef, Sous Chef, Assistant Director of Dining Service, Director of Dining Services to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the cook II is responsible for hot and/or cold food preparation, documenting required information and other tasks given by a Team Leader.
Reports to: Chef/Sous Chef/ DDS/ ADDS
Essential Job Duties
1. Follow all safety and sanitation rules and practices.
2. Date and Label all prep, opened packaging in accordance with policy and procedure.
3. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of food preparation and handling techniques.
4. Ability to work well independently with proper direction.
5. Has latitude to cope with some problems.
6. Confers with Team Leader on unusual problems.
7. Prepares hot entrees and appetizers, soups, sides, salads, cold appetizers, garnishes and desserts following recipes and documenting quantities, final cooking temps, holding temps, cooling temps, waste and left overs.
8. Does advance preparation as indicated.
9. Completes food temperature checks each meal. Tastes all food items prepared.
10. Stores food items properly when not in use.
11. Maintains a clean and sanitary work area through out shift.
12. Cleans sink, prep area and equipment after each use.
13. Must take necessary precautions and follow correct procedures for lifting and bending.
14. Ensures that all hot food preparation and assembling is done in accordance with established procedures.
15. Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures and assists with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of fire or other emergency.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
17. Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
18. Provides clean, safe and neat environment for residents, self and staff.
Working Conditions: Subject to moderate physical and emotional stress associated with food service. Performance of job tasks will involve exposure to cleaning chemicals requiring precautions. Will be exposed to extremes of hot and cold conditions when entering and leaving refrigeration and freezer units.
Physical Requirements: Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age. Capable of lifting up to fifty pounds (50lbs) or more. Capable of standing and maneuvering independently and safely around work area. Capable of standing on a tile floor for an eight-hour shift. Ability to see and hear, or to use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that position requirements can be fully accomplished. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a fire extinguisher and to manipulate kitchen equipment, including slicer, chopper, processor, knives, etc.
Personal Requirements: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to use simple math concepts. Good communication skills; sound mental and physical health; ability to get along well with others; to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people, especially older adults.