Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Village
Job Title: Ocotillo Server
The Ocotillo Server performs designated work and cleaning routines for the Ocotillo Dining Room and is accountable to the Ocotillo Dining Room Manager. In the absence of Ocotillo Dining Room Manager, Ocotillo Server is accountable to the Assistant Director of Dining Services or Director of Dining Servers.
* Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment as assigned by the Ocotillo Dining Room Manager.
* Provide feedback to the cook of the preparation and service of meals.
* Meet scheduled meal and pattern of service times.
* Follow Federal and State long term care regulations and Dietary Department policies and procedures.
* Follow cleaning schedules and perform cleaning duties as scheduled.
* Assist in preparing accompaniments and serving meals.
* Setting up the dining room, taking orders, operating point of sale equipment and serving residents.
* Wash and store dishes.
* Follow established reporting procedures for the following:
* Supply or equipment needs.
* Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair.
* Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
* Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
* Assist in receiving and storing food and supplies.
* Attend in-service educational programs.
* Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
* Follow defined Infection Control procedures.
* Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
* Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and Facility’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Ocotillo Dining Room Manager
The Ocotillo Server will be a high school graduate and previous restaurant style service experience is preferred.
Ability to read, understands and follows recipe directions, and work assignments.
This position will show a willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
Numerical ability is necessary for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals, as well as good motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various work routines such as preparing food items, serving meals, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning work area. The Ocotillo Server will be able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation and must be patient and tolerant toward staff, residents, and family members.
The Ocotillo Server stands and walks intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries, and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. The Ocotillo Server must have an ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds and withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges and dish-washing machines. This employee must be free from infections or diseases.