Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Assistant Supervisor
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position has the duties and responsibilities of the shift supervisor during the respective shift as assigned by supervisor and in the absence of the shift supervisor and performs evaluative and administrative duties to monitor the shift operation that contributes to the satisfactory motivation and morale of assigned employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Implements and coordinates daily security shift operation, including development and execution of daily and weekly work and break schedules, assigning security personnel to specific locations (posts) throughout the gaming facilities to provide adequate security coverage and ensuring the safety and security of the facilities, grounds, employees and patrons.
- Assists supervisor in implementing and instructing security personnel on departmental and enterprise policies and procedures and assists the shift supervisor in conducting employee evaluations, disciplinary review and follow-up. Conducts frequent security uniform and equipment inspections.
- Works during a shift that entails arriving one hour earlier, for purposes of deployment planning, than the individuals supervised.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts (day,swing, grave) on an occasionally erratic schedule.
- Provides escorts for keys, money and all other department functions as requested.
- Assist the shift supervisor in maintaining files and records on security personnel as well as monitoring and implementing in-service departmental training.
- Responsible for the safety and security of employees, patrons, facilities and grounds. Insures that facilities are safe from fire, theft, burglary, robbery, assaults and other such events that may threaten the well-being of the business, property, employees, and patrons.
- Responsible to ensure that all aspects of customer service, as it relates to the security personnel, are in compliance with established organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
With the oversight of the security supervisor, supervises multiple numbers of security officers and dispatchers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
Skill / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in security operations required.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.